Before applying for the scholarship:
1. Apply to a study programme at a Swedish university before the January 15 deadline by using the on-line application service at Universityadmissions.se.
Programmes eligible for scholarships are listed here. The programmes have been selected by the universities in cooperation with the Swedish Institute.
2. Submit the payment of your application fee to University Admissions before the deadline, usually February 1. Check Key dates below and at Universityadmissions.se for the exact deadline.
3. After you have submitted your application, it will be assigned an application number. You receive a unique number for each admission round you apply to. Log in to 'My pages' and click on 'Applications'. The application number (No) is listed for each admission round. You must use this application number when applying for a scholarship.
4. Prepare the mandatory enclosures for your scholarship application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of maximum three pages. Additional pages will not be considered.
The CV must be in Europass format ONLY, use this template.
- Motivation letter. which must be completed using the SI template found here.
Read the questions in the Motivation letter thoroughly and be specific and personal in your reasoning. Answers may not exceed the allowed number of characters for each question.
Kindly note that no other documents than the Europass CV and Motivation letter should be submitted.
Apply for the scholarship online
Apply for a scholarship through our online service. Use the personal application number retrieved from Universityadmissions.se. Don’t forget to submit your enclosures.
The scholarship application form can be accessed here from February 1-11, 2012
What happens with my scholarship application?
1. The Swedish Institute will evaluate your application in March-April. The applications are assessed by a selection committee taking into consideration the relevance and quality of the personal Motivation letter and CV. Universities are offered the opportunity to prioritise applicants. Academic merits are already evaluated by the universities in the admission round and are not a criteria for scholarships.
2. SI will publish a list of successful scholarship candidates at Studyinsweden.se on April 5, 2013.
3. Please observe that you have to accept your place at the study programme at Universityadmissions.se before April 8, 2013.
4. Each successful candidate will receive an official scholarship offer by e-mail and is requested to accept or reject this offer by April 19, 2013.
Key dates and deadlines for applications to the academic year 2013/2014
- October 2012 – January 15, 2013: Apply online on Universityadmissions.se and pay your application fee.
- End of January: Deadline for supporting documents and payment of application fee
- February 1-11: Apply for a scholarship through the online application service. (Opens February 1, 2013)
- March 27: “Notification of selection results” published on Universityadmissions.se
- April 5: List of successful candidates published on Studyinsweden.se
- April 8: Deadline for accepting your study place
- April 8-12: SI: Formal scholarship offer to successful candidates by e-mail
- April 19: Deadline for accepting SI scholarship.